Since opening its doors in 1854, St George’s Hall has come to be recognised as one of the finest neoclassical buildings in the world.
When the Victorians designed and funded this iconic landmark, they sought to lift the human heart beyond the here and now, beyond the everyday and the ordinary; creating a place where all memorable moments in Liverpool life converge.
Behind the grandeur of its impressive Great Hall and Concert Room – lauded by the likes of Queen Victoria and Charles Dickens – lay the depressing doldrums of the prison cells and law courts.
The St George’s Hall Experience: The History Whisperer™ transports visitors to a time when this extraordinary building was the meeting point of both opulence and destitution.
Just like this city, our History Whisperer, Livie, is full of heart, humour, emotion and dreams. Join her, as she leads you through the sights and sounds of prison life, in an immersive journey through Liverpool’s social history…
The St George’s Hall Experience: The History Whisperer™ is a digital immersive programme which operates on allocated time slots. Please note:
- For the purposes of health and safety, we can only accept a maximum of two wheelchair users per time slot.
- Induction loops are available on Reception for visitors who require hearing aids
- All other Accessibility information can be found here.
- New tickets for The St George’s Hall Experience: The History Whisperer™ are now available to purchase on this page and via Ticket Quarter
- The new tickets will be available for time slots occurring on Tuesday 9 November 2021 onwards
- Adult ticket prices are £6
- Concession ticket prices (applicable to Under 16s and Over 65s) are £4
- Please note, all additional fees are already included within the above prices
- The St George’s Hall Experience: The History Whisperer™ is open from Tuesdays to Saturdays
- The experience takes place over eight allocated 45-minute time slots throughout the day, with the first time slot occurring at 10am, and the last time slot occurring at 3.15pm. A maximum of 15 people can attend per time slot.
- Full breakdown of time slots: 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 12.15am, 1pm, 1.45pm, 2.30pm, 3.15pm.