From 5pm on Friday 16 November through to Sunday 23 December, Liverpool’s Christmas Market will open on St George’s Hall plateau, with the Grade 1 listed St George’s Hall providing a stunning backdrop.
More than 40 traditional-style festive cabins dressed in garlands will offer up tempting Christmas gifts including handmade jewellery, festive decorations, fleece garments, fragrances, beautiful canvases, hand-painted ceramic plates, scarves and edible gifts to make perfect stocking fillers. Also on offer is a vast array of food and drink stalls catering to all tastes, with food on offer such as the Yorkshire wrap pancakes, mezze platters, hog roasts, salt and pepper sui mai, bratwurst and gourmet burgers, along with crepes, Belgian waffles, muffins and cupcakes for those with a sweet tooth. The Windmill Bar also makes a return and will serve traditional beers, mulled wine, hot chocolate and other festive drinks.
For younger visitors, there will be a selection of vintage fairground rides to enjoy.
Whilst we’d love everyone to visit please be aware that as the market is on the original stone set plateau the surface throughout is uneven. It is bumpier in some places than others and can be a challenge for wheelchair users as well as pushchairs.
If you’re planning a visit, please read our Access Guidance notes before you come.
- Merseyrail underground train station at Lime Street is adjacent to St George’s Hall. For further information, visit here>
- There is limited free on-street free parking for holders of disabled persons blue badges on William Brown Street. There are fee paying public car parks in the vicinity, including Queens Square, Lime Street, St John’s Centre:
For information about Liverpool City Council car parks, please visit here>
For information about Liverpool City Council blue badge car parking bays, please visit here>
For information about Queen Square car park , please visit here>
For information about Lime Street car park, please visit here>
For information about St John’s Centre car park, please visit here>
- Queens Square bus station is the closest bus station to St George’s Hall and many buses stop on Lime Street, which is directly in front of the plateau. For further information, please visit here>
- There is level access from the pavement to the plateau via the William Brown Street entrance.
- The market is on one level on the plateau in front of St. George’s Hall.
- The surface of the plateau has cobble stone sets and has an uneven surface.
- There is ramped access provided to any bars that are raised off the floor.
- There are temporary toilets on site including larger units with level access that may suite wheelchair users.
- The nearest changing places facility is in Liverpool City Library on William Brown Street.
- Wheelchair accessible toilet facilities are available in Lime Street station and Liverpool City Library on William Brown Street.
- The nearest grassed area is behind St Georges Hall in St Johns Garden, level access is via William Brown Street.
View the full Christmas in Liverpool event calendar at www.visitliverpool.com/christmas