Liverpool’s Christmas Market returns to St George’s Plateau against the backdrop of the magnificent St George’s Hall.
Mulled wine and other festive tipples will be served from the Tipi bar, whilst the Windmill Bar and Gin Tin make a welcome return to leave you fuzzy with festive feels. Not forgetting the Ski Lodge with its karaoke cable cars!
Foodies will love the festive treats on offer from the Bavarian Grill and Yorkshire Pudding Wrap stall to sweet treats such as waffles and pancakes.
There will be local arts, Christmas decorations and candles on sale, as well as beautiful festoon lighting and vintage fairground rides for the kids to enjoy.
The market is free to enter and will be open from Friday 15 November until Monday 23 December 2019.
Please note: Liverpool’s Christmas market opens at 4pm-10pm on Friday 15 November, and will operate during the following opening times thereafter:
Sunday – Wednesday: 11am-9pm
Thursday – Saturday: 11am-10pm.
The Market will be open every day up until Monday 23 December, which will be the last day (last entrance on this day will be 3.30pm and the market will shut at 4pm).
Please click on the images to enlarge and use the arrow keys to move across.
Images by Gareth Jones Photographer.
- To keep you safe we have implemented security around this event. Some you will see others you will not if you see anything suspicious report it #ActionCountersTerrorism
- To keep you safe we have implemented security around this event. Some you will see others you will not. If you see anything suspicious report it in confidence on 0800 789 321 or gov.uk/ACT or in an emergency the public should always call 999
- We advise the public to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious behaviour or activity to police, in confidence on 0800 789 321 or gov.uk/ACT or in an emergency the public should always call 999. If you get caught up in the event of a weapons attack we urge you to follow the Run, Hide, Tell In the event of an attack, encourage everyone to follow the local police Twitter account and @TerrorismPolice
- If you spot someone acting suspiciously, report it to police or to security staff immediately: don’t leave it to someone else. #ActionCountersTerrorism
- In an emergency, if you think there is an immediate risk, always call 999 and look around you for help from staff ‐ especially those with radios who can raise the alarm quickly.
- Don’t leave bags unattended or anywhere they could cause a security scare. And never agree to look after anyone else’s bags, no matter how plausible their story.
- If there is an incident, listen to staff and any announcements. Organisers will have emergency plans to help you keep safe.
- Remember, the chance of being caught in a terrorism incident is small. But if it happens ‐ Run, Hide, Tell uk/ACT
- Lime Street Station (for local and national rail services) is located directly opposite the Market.
- Access into the station is via steps, passenger lift or long sloped footpath.
- The nearest Bus Station is Queens Square (approx. 100m from the Market)
- Some local bus services stop directly outside the Market.
- On arrival taxis should drop-off on William Brown Street (is this correct, if not where)? Correct
- Taxi ranks (for hackney carriages) are available on Skelhorne Street and Lord Nelson Street.
- The nearest general car parking is available at Fraser Street, with a Pay & Display on William Brown Street
- Blue Badge holders can park at William Brown Street (spaces are limited)
- Pedestrian access into the market is via St John’s Lane, William Brown Street And Lime Street.
- The wheelchair accessible entrances are located at Lime Street and William Brown Street
Pedestrian Access within the Market
- The Christmas Market is located on St George’s Plateau which has cobbled surfaces. To improve accessibility for wheelchair users and others with mobility impairments, a non-slip trackway has been installed on the main thoroughfare between the Market stalls.
- All visitors should proceed with caution in and around the Market due to uneven surfaces and obstacles.
- Counter service is provided at all stalls within the Market. Please ask stall holders if you need any assistance.
- Accessible portaloos are available for wheelchair users and ambulant disabled people. These units have level access at the doorway and an internal dimension of 1500mm x 1500mm.
- If any visitor requires a larger accessible toilet facility with grab rails etc the toilets within Liverpool Central Library are located approximately 100 metres from the Christmas Market. These toilets are available 9am to 8pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.
- A Changing Places facility (with ceiling hoist and changing bed) is available within Central Library. The facility is available 9am to 8pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday: changingplaces.uktoiletmap.org/toilet/view/366.
- Assistance dogs are welcome within all areas of the Christmas Market. Ask a member of security to refer you to the on-duty Market Manager to top-up dog’s bowls with water.
- The nearest Shopmobility service is located in St John’s Shopping Centre (5-10 minute walk) on the ground floor, next to Poundland. Accessible parking bays are available within the St Johns Multi Storey car park. Shopmobility is open 10.00-16.00 Tuesday-Saturday: www.localsolutions.org.uk/north-west-services/shopmobility/44-shopmobility.