- Q. Are dogs allowed in the venue?
- No pets will be allowed inside St George's Hall, except for guide dogs and hearing dogs.
- Q. Are there toilets in the building?
Yes there are accessible facilities on site for visitors. See are Access and facilities page for more information.
- Q. Can I get into the Concert Room?
- You may visit the Concert Room during one of our guided tours (subject to availability), by attending an event there or by attending a concert usually delivered by the Liverpool Philharmonic (0151 709 3789).
- Q. Can I see the famous Minton Tile Floor?
The Minton Tile Floor was covered by a sprung dance floor in 1883 and this covering is removed approximately every 10 years for the public to be able to view the floor. The last viewing was 30th January to 15th February 2009.
- Q. Can I smoke at St George's Hall?
- All council buildings have been smoke free since 1st July 2007. Please check with a hall staff as to where the appropriate external smoking locations are for the venue.
- Q. Can I take food or drinks into St George's Hall?
- Only food purchased on site via the Minton Tea Room or provided by the Halls caterers can be consumed at the Hall. The Minton Tea Room offers a variety of hot and cold quality refreshments to visitors.
- Q. Can I use the venue's wireless internet?
- Details can be obtained from the bookings team. Or contact us using one of our online forms.
- Q. Can you provide any information on local restaurants?
- For further information about local restaurants and bars in Liverpool please visit www.visitliverpool.com.
- Q. Do the rooms have air conditioning?
- Yes, all rooms are fitted with air conditioning.
- Q. Do you have a civil wedding license?
- St George's Hall does hold a civil wedding license for the Concert Hall, the Great Hall and Crown Court.
- Q. Do you have a left luggage area or lockers?
- Due to security reasons we do not provide a left luggage facility or locker area.
- Q. Do you have any talks?
- Talks are listed on our Whatâs on pages. Usually lunchtime talks are Thursday lunchtimes 12.30-1.30pm free of charge. Also see our Tours and groups page.
- Q. Do you have group visits?
Group and school visits are most welcome. You may self guide yourselves around the route or you may bring in your own guide (normally fixed fee Â£50) or you may use one of our guides (normally Â£3.50 per head). The group size for per guide for our guides would be 25 per group. See our Tours and groups page for more information.
- Q. Do you provide a wheelchair for use by visitors?
Yes, but please book in advance on 0151 225 6909. See our Access and facilities page for more information on accessibility.
- Q. Do you provide technical assistance?
- Technical assistance can be provided for all IT and AV equipment. Please see our AV and IT hire page.
- Q. How can I offer visitor feedback?
You can contact us using our online enquiry form with comments and suggestions. You can also use the Council Have your say form.
- Q. How do I get on to the floor level of the Great Hall?
The Heritage Centre route gives access on the third floor to a viewing gallery of the Great Hall. Access to the Great Hall is usually via attending an event there or during one of our guided tours (subject to availability).
- Q. How do I get tickets for events?
Normally the tickets are available from the organisers of events as advertised.
- Q. How do I join the Friends of St George's Hall?
Please see our Become a Friend page for details.
- Q. How do I make a booking?
- Please contact the bookings team on 0151 225 6911.
- Q. How do I order AV/IT facilities for my event?
- To order these facilities please contact our event manager on 0151 225 6911.
- Q. Is photography permitted?
- Photography is generally permitted except for exhibitions for copyright purposes or if the event does not allow it e.g. for child protection reasons.
- Q. Is there a general information desk?
- There is a Reception desk located in the Heritage Centre where you can obtain information about the building its facilities and scheduled local area and to hopefully help with any other information you require.
- Q. Is there an entrance fee?
The Heritage Centre is free of charge.
- Q. What are the opening hours?
The Heritage Centre is open 10am to 4pm Tuesday-Sunday, and on Bank Holiday Mondays.
- Q. What catering facilities are available at St George's Hall?
- We have our own in-house caterers. If you require any further details regarding our menus please feel free to contact a member of our bookings team on 0151 225 6911.
- Q. What do I do if I have a complaint?
- Please contact us using our online contact us form or alternatively use the council's Have Your Say form.
- Q. What facilities are there for disabled customers at St George's Hall?
- St George's Hall is a fully accessible venue including lifts toilet facilities and Tea room. Further information is available on request by telephoning the Heritage Centre Reception on 0151 225 6911. Also see our Access and facilities page.
- Q. What facilities are there for disabled delegates?
- St George's Hall is fully accessible; specific details are available on request - call our bookings team on 0151 225 6911, or the organiser of your event. Also see our Access and facilities page.
- Q. What is the largest event capacity the Hall can support?
- 800 people can be accommodated theatre style in the Great Hall and it can hold 400 people for dinners. Please contact the bookings team for further information and to discuss your specific event requirements on 0151 225 6911.
- Q. Where can I find information on other attractions in Liverpool?
- Liverpool provides a fantastic location for any up and coming events. Please feel free to explore the following links to find further information on what the city has to offer:
- Q. Where can I park?
- There are numerous car parks around Lime Street. Car parks are shown on the map on our How to find us page. For specific event associated parking costs, including a steward, contact the bookings team on 0151 225 6911.
- Q. Where is the Heritage Centre?
The Heritage Centre is situated at the south end of St George's Hall on the street level of St John's Lane (opposite the Royal Court Theatre). See our How to find us page for directions and a map.
- Q. Which entrance do I use?
- For the Heritage Centre the access is via St John's Lane for scheduled events please contact our bookings team on 0151 225 6911. See our How to find us page for directions and maps.
- Q: Can I pay by card in the public catering outlet?
- Q: Where is the nearest cash machine?
- The nearest cash machines are located in Lime Street Station opposite the Hall.